1. The Bryanston Organic & Natural Market ("the Market") provides this Privacy Statement to help you make an informed decision about whether to use or continue using the Market Site, Market Software and/or the Market Services. If you do not agree to our practices, please do not use the Market Site, the Market Software, or the Market Service.
2. The protection of your personal data collected, processed and used during your visit to the Market website is important to us. Your data are protected in accordance with the provisions on data protection and privacy.
6. Our website collects data in accordance with International provisions on data protection and privacy on the basis of technologies of Google Inc. This automatic data collection occurs for statistical purposes in order to optimise the webpages and online marketing. These so-called "visitor data" include, in particular, the name of the provider, IP address, the type of browser and operating system, as well as the pages accessed including any search terms and websites from which you have accessed our website. Data are always processed anonymously, i.e., the data will not be associated with your person.
7. If you do not agree to the collection of this data, you can reject data collection and storage at this point and for Google Analytics
at any time and with future effect.
8. The Market may obtain the following types of information from or concerning you or your business, which may include information that can be used to identify you as specified below (“Personally Identifying Information”):
8.1. User Provided Information:
You provide certain Personally Identifiable Information, such as your phone number, billing information (if applicable) and physical address to the Market when choosing to participate in various uses of the Market Service.
8.2. Cookies Information:
When you visit the Market Site, we may send one or more cookies - a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters - to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. The Market uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, the Market Site may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
8.3. Log File Information:
When you use the Market Site, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser, your phone number, phone number you are requesting the status of and various status information. When you use the Market Service, our servers log certain general information about you.
9. Where the website allows for the input of personal data (e-mail address, names, addresses, etc.), such data is entered voluntarily. The Market expressly states that such data shall not be shared with any third party and shall be used exclusively for the purposes of business relations. Furthermore, any storage of personal data is subject to prior consent.
10. If you submit Personally Identifiable Information to us through the Market Site, or the Market Service, then we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Market Site and the Market Service.
11. We do not use your phone number or other Personally Identifiable Information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may, however, use your phone number, or email address, if provided, without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major the Market Site or the Market Service changes or for customer service purposes).
12. We may use both your Personally Identifiable Information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous user usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the Market Site and the Market Service and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analysing user preferences and trends.
13.1. remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you use the Market Service or the Market Site;
13.2. provide custom, personalized content and information;
13.3. monitor individual and aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, pages viewed, etc.; and
13.4. track your entries, submissions, views and such.
14. We do not sell or share your Personally Identifiable Information (such as phone number) with other third-party companies for their commercial or marketing use without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out.
15. We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with third party service providers to the extent that it is reasonably necessary to perform, improve or maintain the Market Service.
16. We may share non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform types, asset views, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third-parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the Market Site.
17. We may collect and release Personally Identifiable Information and/or non-personally-identifiable information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with the laws of the Republic of South Africa, international law or respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant or equivalent.
20. The Market and its affiliated websites are committed to providing you with relevant content and information across our sites. To do this, we may collect information about your searches, and use this information to serve you with ads on our Sites or elsewhere online that match your apparent interests.
21. We do not share your personal information (such as email addresses) with unaffiliated third parties so they can serve you with advertisements.
22. We also allow third parties to collect information about your online activities through cookies and other technologies. These third parties include:
22.1. business partners, who collect information when you view or interact with one of their advertisements on our sites, and
22.2. advertising networks, who collect information about your interests when you view or interact with one of the advertisements they place on many different websites on the Internet.
23. We take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, and complete.
24. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies from this Site you might not be able to access portions of our site.
26. The Market uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to the Market and you do so at your own risk. Using unsecured wifi or other unprotected networks to submit messages through the Market Service is never recommended. Once we receive your transmission of information, the Market makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems.
27. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If the Market learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. The Market may post a notice on the Market Site or through the Market Service if a security breach occurs.
29. In the event that the Market is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganisation, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
Date Last Modified:
This Privacy Notice was last modified 7 November 2016.